Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Cat Scan

Today was a very stressful day. we were to check in at St Lukes by 1230 for Tristan's cat scan. They gave us both wrist bands and sent us into the waiting room. It was about time for Tristan's nap so everything was relatively uneventful until they decided to ut in the IV. Tristan had fallen asleep and the nurse had previoously put some numbing cream on the IV locations.
The instant she started digging aroubd he woke up hysterically. The bad thing was she not only missed the first try but also the second try. I was beside myself. They ended up calling another nurse in who used the other hand, the one he suck his fingers on. Of course that did not go over well. This nurse had him straddle me and I had to hold him down. It was terrible.

By the time we made it into the scan room both Tristan and I were exhausted. Grant, the Cat Scan Tech was great! He actually offered to try the scan without having to sedate Tristan. This made me very happy. Tristan layed so still, he was great.

I am so glad this day is over. We did not receive any results yet. I figure no news is good news.

Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers!







Since the boys were so good, they got Popsicle.


After we left the hospitol we went to Chappala for lunch.


When we got home, TJ and I went for a ride around the block.



Life is a Highway

2 comments:

Mashaide said...

Ahhh, poor little guy! And poor mommy! It's horrible to see your baby go through pain and not be able to do anything about it. My thoughts and prayers are with TJ and the family. Miss you guys!

lisa said...

i am so glad that it went well but hate that they could not get the iv in in the first time. i am so sorry you had to go through that. my heart goes out to the little guy and that the stressfull day is over. auntie was pretty worried about her little guy and mommy. i love you so very much not enough that words can tell.