Tuesday, March 29, 2011

1 hour ride... Sheree and Paige arrive!

This morning Patti, Floyd and I set out for an hour ride. It was a bit of cycling 101 for me but I learned a lot! I have picked up a bit of a cold from my step mom but it does not appear to be too bad. I should be good for Lavaman.

Shortly after our ride two of my biggest fans arrived. Sheree and Paige have been planning on being here since day one. Sheree has been such a trooper, she has done much of the training with me. Sheree truly helped me through many of those long run days, oh, and might I add the snow storm! Thanks Sheree for being such a great friend and training buddy... now lets get to work on that swim so you can TRI!

After a lunch stop we headed home and the kids were ready to play in the pool!



From the hallway of the King Kam Hotel.

SWIM


Bike


Run!

Sheree and I treated Paige to a Luau. When Sheree and Johnnie were in Kauai we went to one but we just saw the show so it was a bit of a treat for Sheree too. While we were drinking our Mia Tia's they had some activities so we headed over to make a fish out of the palm leaves.







They showed us how to shuck a coconut.

We got to eat some too.

The Royal Court Arrived.
Normally this occurs on the ocean in the bay but the sight of the Luau has been changed sine the Tsunami. Unfortunate but we still had a great time.





Sheree almost past over the Poi


Yep, I made her eat it too!
& she ate it all.




Sheree dancing with her baby : )









Super fun night! Happy to have some friends here! We were training and working so hard it was time to have some fun!

No comments: