Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Salmon Creek Retirement Living

     This step in our lives was to important not to write about. As most of you know my mom has been in and out of good health over the years. Mom has been doing great these days and I felt it was very important for her to be involved with making the decision on where she would end up if she ended up having some medical issues. Over the past 2 -3 months mom and I have been going to different senior living facilities so mom could see which one she liked. The original plan was for this to be sometime down the road. Little did we know that mom would stumble upon one she would like! Mom liked it so much she put a deposit down and two weeks later she was in.

     My mom spent her life in the nursing field. Dedicating her life to helping others.She also spent the later part of her career working in these facilities and we all know how picky she can be. It was beyond my surprise that the move came so quickly and easily.

     Mom has got a beautiful apartment with a fabulous view on the third floor. It is very close to my house and she tells me she talks so much she needs to "shut up". The move has been very busy, but I can honestly say that I have not seen my mom so active and involved with others in years, and I mean many years!

     Whats next on the least? Peanuckle and Bridge. Mom, I am so happy for you! I love you so much and to see you happy means more than the world to me.

    

No comments: