Saturday, August 10, 2013

Emmett's Most Excellent Triathlon Sister VS SIster


Patti and I tapered together all week. This gave me a good opportunity to see were I was at, you know, sizing up the competition.

Tuesday we did a bike run brick.

Wednesday we did a swim run brick... oh, and she kicked my rear in the swim.

Thursday we practiced transitions.




This year I invited Patti to race in Emmett. This is a very beautiful race every year. Patti was unable to pick up her packet Thursday, so Friday we drove out to Emmett to get her packet then I showed her the the lake and the bike course. 

Here she is, testing the water : )


Hairy Cow is ready!



After a week of loving smack talk about who was going to win the race, the day was here.
Headed out. It's RACE DAY!


T2


Look How pretty hers is : )
Can you say OCD?


T1


Headed out on the swim I made a conscious effort to put Patti on my right, as I breathe to the left. This way I would not see her. The bad thing was I went to the front of the group with her and I should not have. I was hammered by a ton of swimmers and this always gets me worked up. All the way out to the turnaround I was thinking what a horrible swim. On the way back in I was finally able to try to find a rhythm and then I would loose it again. Just a horrible swim today.

When I hit T1 Patti was not in yet but I would soon see her. She looked distressed. I kept asking how she was and she said "I am not sure" She told me she had a horrible swim too, she thought she might have had an asthma attack.  I told her I loved her and to be care full and headed out. 

Patti passed me on the bike at 2.5 miles. I know the bike is her strong suit and it was here I would need to catch her. But today it was not to be. I saw her twice on the bike. Even though I felt I had a great bike day, I was not able to catch her.

The run was a two loop course. I passed her just before I finished the second loop. I was not far behind. As I started my second loop I ran into Tex and Tristan sitting on the tailgate of the truck. I stopped to give them each a quick kiss and then kept going. After rounding the filed and headed back for the final leg I see Brittle come running up in a white T-shirt that says "Team Horton". I started laughing... only Brittles. He is yelling "go get her". "go get her". I was having a real good run. 12 minute mile which is great for me. I really was banking on maintaining my pace and hoping Patti would walk a bit. As I went through the residential area Brittles was waiting for me again. I asked if she had finished. He said no, she was only about 400 yards ahead. I then kicked it up to a 9 minute mile but wasn't able to keep it for too long. I ended up missing her by 2.5 minutes. 

Watch out Sis, I am closing the gap!

Not many pictures as we headed out together, but then the boys showed up with the camera.

Here is Patti coming in.




Patti's official times:

Patti Henderson  Total  3:40:01  Swim  0:39:28 T1 3:15  Bike 1:31:25 T2  1:50  Run  1:24:02  


And here I come.


High 5 from my little man!




My Official time:

Lynnette Horton  Total   3:42:33  Swim  0:38:23 T1 4:09 Bike 1:39:10 T2 1:44  Run   1:19:07  





Brittles... you Rock!


After the race Tristan wanted some pay time, which was a good time for Patti and I to chill out for a few.



Another great race! So blessed to be able to do what I do, have the support that I have.

No comments: