Monday, June 6, 2022

Day 11 - The Island of Ischia & Poseidon

 

Lynette Davis Standley told us about the Island of Ischia and that we could tag along while she checked it out so we boarded a ferry and we were off. After an hour long ride we had a tour of the island and then he dropped a few of us off at the Poseidon.
The Poseidon Thermal Gardens is the biggest thermal park of the island of Ischia: highly curative thermal waters feed over twenty pools surrounded by greenery, with temperatures ranging from 28° C to 40° C, three sea water pools for swimming and the enjoyment of children, a thermal steam grotto according to Greek-Roman tradition carved into the tuff, three "Kneipp" groups (alternating baths 40° C/15° C).
Angee, Flower, River, Tex, Tristan and I all embarked on this adventure, it was well worth it.
We were so hungry when we arrived we ate cafeteria style and then it was off to change and to find a place to settle in. The pools were amazing! The Jensens spent some time in the sea before joining Tex and I in the pools. Other than Yex getting reprimanded for wearing a shirt in the achiest pools it was a great day, and that it it’s own right was a highlight. I believe it went for me thing like “no clothing in the pools… it is FORBIDEN!” Tex of course complied and continued enjoying the water. He then went to take a nap and I joined the Jensens to explore the grounds.
We probably visited 1/2 of the pools. My favorites were the steam cave, and the hot and cold pools. And when I say cold I mean ice cold. It truly was an amazing day and I could easily spend an entire day here!
530 was pick up time and then we headed back to the hotel. We enjoyed dinner, cocktails and each other’s company. Man what a great group! I am blessed to call all of these girls my friends!
One more day!
 









































 

No comments: