Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Day 6 - Capri and The Blue Grotto


For as long as I can remember it has been my dream to enter the Island of Capri’s Blue Gratto for my 50th birthday. Well, I turned 50 last December and Lynette Davis Standley has helped plan the most amazing trip. Today was my day! I can’t remember the last time I was brought to tears of joy, I was just so overwhelmed by the beauty of this earth.
We were grated again today by Angelo, our trusty sea captain. He took us on a trip, a trip that I have been waiting for for a long time.
I love that Sheree Willhite took over at the helm while he was readying the boat! we enjoyed the coastline again at a much faster pace today, entering larger caves along the way.
Once we arrived, we had to wait in a sea of boats as we took turns disembarking. After an hour or so it was our turn. We broke into our three groups and then headed to the ticket boat. As we entered the Grotto I was simply overwhelmed with emotion. The joy in my heart could not contain itself and it escaped my body through every piece of my soul. I am so blessed to be able to share this joy with those around me.
Once out of the grotto we headed back to our boat. It was so exilirating I continue to cry.
We then headed to the Marina in Capri where we enjoyed a wonderful lunch, shopping and swimming! We played for about three hours before heading back to the marina to return to the boat. Once we arrived Angelo was easy for us to board.
We made our way back to Priano admiring the remainder of the views.
When we arrived back at our beautiful hotel we had a couple hours to get ready for supper.
It was here that I had a little surprise planned. You see today Tex and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary today. I had asked Lynette if should could arrange a little reception where we could renew our vows. The only one who new was her and Tristan.
Tristan shared our story, then I shared my love for Tex with my friends and family. Sue Welter then performed our hand tying ceremony as Dad did 15 years ago. It could not have been more perfect.
After a toast we walked up to have supper at a beautiful family restaurant.
I am not sure I could imagine a more perfect day.

No comments: