Friday, October 8, 2010

Pre Ironman party.

Thursday was a very long day traveling with my little TJ. Because the Ironman is this weekend, getting into Kona was a bit difficult. We left Boise at 515 am went to San Fransisco where we had a 2 hour layover, then we flew to Maui where we were supposed to have a 2 hour layover. Tristan did very well on the flight to SFO and Maui but when we hit the airport he had a melt down. Angee had called me while he was using the phone, he through a tantrum in the middle of the airport because he wanted to use the phone. I would not give it to him because he was throwing the tantrum. This continued for an hour. It was at that time I heard them announcing another flight to Kona. I went to the desk and I was able to get on the earlier flight. Thanks God, this saved what was left of my sanity for the day. All in all it was a very long day.

This sign was on the highway between the airport and Kona, I really got the feeling when I saw it!


















Friday Patti and I planned a brick we went down to the pier for my first open water swim and which we would follow with a run. We had made arrangements for our friends kids to watch Tristan. Patti thought for sure that the pier would be quite today because "all of the triathletes would be resting", well as you can see from the photos they were all swimming. I was so nervous to get in the water with all of these "Ironmen" but I did it. The bad news is Patti got stung by a Jelly Fish while we were on our swim but she is tough!






























































































































































































































Gordon Haller, the first Ironman winner in 1978 competing today at the age of 60.

Scott Tinley, 2 time Ironman Champion 1982 & 1985.

Mark Allen, 6 time Ironman Champion.

All on the stage of Lava Magazine.

No comments: