Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Well it finally happened...

Today Patti and I headed out on our first bike ride of the trip. I am riding her Tri bike which is a bit different from my bike at home. The gears are on the Tri bars rather than the road bars which makes the bike a bit more unstable for me. We headed to the bike shop to barrow a helmet because I forgot to grab one at the house. Patti decided to park there and we were off. We headed down the hill so I could familiarize myself with her bike. Patti peddled through a four way stop where I proceeded to clip out and as I hesitated I simply fell over. Yep, it finally happened. I bit the dust, well if you call it that.

The scene of the crime...


My road rash...



After my little spill we headed off for a 20 mile bike ride. The ride was great! The roads hear are incredibly smooth and not much debris as we have at home, and the bike lanes are great!

After the ride Patti was due at the barn to ride. It was nice to finally get up there and see were she spends some of her time. I know Patti loves remaining in the horse world. This is part of her soul. It was also nice for Tristan to get to see Patti ride and to be around the horses, just another great experience for him. After Patti was finished riding a few more friends of Patti's showed up and it was time for the Monday night group to have some Pu Pu's and wine. Very, very fun! Thanks Patti!











No comments: