Friday, September 17, 2010

Hernia #2

Today Tex went in for his second hernia surgery. He had the first one about a year ago. Not too long after that surgery Tex was moving a refrigerator at work and felt another pull. It was just above his belly button a little higher than the last one. Tex did not tell me about this for sometime and then he finally fessed up. He has let it go for so long I finally gave him an ultimatum. Tex had it checked out last week and the doctor put him on the schedule for today. The good news was that the hernia was not related to the last one it actually was new.

The surgery was scheduled as out patient but as you know that is not what happened. Tex went in at 430 am (arg), and they gave me a little pager for his updates. The surgery went relatively quick. I received a page by shortly after 9 am that they were done. The Doctor came to see me shortly after that. He told me that because Tex let this one go so long that this was a much more invasive surgery. The muscle and fat cells had integrated themselves into the hernia and they had to "pull" that all apart and place a piece of "mesh" (from a pig) over the hernia then he sewed it back up. The Doctor indicated that Tex would be much more sore than last time.




After a couple hours waiting I was taken into the recovery room. Tex seemed pretty good, all things considered that was soon to change once the anesthesia wore off. Tex was in quit a bit of pain, and nauseated. They soon decided to keep Tex over night.

Once they got Tex a new room and got him settled I headed home to relieve mom. Today was the first time mom actually babysat Tristan by herself. Thanks Mom!


On the up side, Tex did get a room with a view!


Saturday Tristan and I headed down to see Tex. He was still pretty out of it. They were trying to get his pain under control and stop the nausea. Tristan liked playing with all of the buttons, especially the window shade.



GAME DAY!
SORRY HONEY!



So, once all was said and done Tex spent three nights in the hospital. I brought him home Monday morning. The bad news was I went to work, opened the office, caught up on the item's from the weekend. I headed to the hospital and was literally getting Tex to the car when I got a call of a flood at the apartments. I got Tex home, got him settled and rushed back to the office to handle the emergency. I arrived to find a water heater gushing so bad there was 3 inches of water in one bedroom. I got the water shut off and went to check the other two floors. After 5 hours sucking water and collecting fans to dry out the three units I was off to cater to my hubby and 2 year old.

No comments: