Friday, September 3, 2010

Not another "tragedy" in Virginia...

Today started out very rough. Tristan has been hacking since we got here with all kinds of allergy issues. Since he was OK when we left Boise I did not bring his allergy medicine. TJ has been coughing so hard it made him throw up this morning. I felt so bad for him.

After breakfast, Tex, TJ and I all cleaned up and went for a drive around the Old Town of Fredericksburg. Once we were ready to stop for lunch we had decided to find the cute little Irish Pub called The Fredericksburg Pub. Because I had seen a menu in the brochure I new I was ordering Bangers & Mash. Tristan was still not feeling well so this put Tex and I a bit on edge with each other. Nothing serious it was just a rough afternoon. After a great lunch we were driving some more and Tristan had fallen asleep. Nita called us so we went to see her art studio. There was an event tonight called first Friday which is a expose for the studio's. Nita gave Tex and I a little pre-show while TJ had his nap. TJ finally woke up and he was quit a bit cranky so we headed back to the hotel. Once we all relaxed a bit we cleaned up and headed for the studio but first we needed to slip across the street to the pharmacy to get mom some insulin. This is when the day really went to cap.











We were stopped at a red light. As our light turned green Tex proceeded to go. I hear Tex say "Oh Shit". Tex hit the brakes. I look at the light, the light was green. I look to my right and I see a whit car and then I hear the crash.Tex tried to brace himself as he saw the crash coming. I was so shook up. I could not believe that we were just hit. I looked back at the light and it was now yellow. I look at Tex and both of our airbags had deployed, his hand is bleeding. I just kept saying, "what just happened"? Tristan began to cry and I asked mom if she was OK? All kinds of people are now opening our doors asking if we are OK and helping us out of the vehicle. Mom and I were taken to one corner of the intersection and Tristan and Tex to the apposing corner. It was terrible. I new they were both more less OK but I needed us to be all together. Mom and I were checked out in an ambulance at our corner and Tex, TJ, the woman that hit us, and her baby were checked out at their corner. All I can say is if Tex had not hit the brakes that car would have severely injured or killed mom and I. As much as Tex's driving sometimes drives me crazy, today I truly believed his actions saved our lives. We are very fortunate. Turns out that both Tex and the other driver were claiming they had the green light. But it also turns out that there were many witnesses that said she ran the red light and the traffic light sequence would not allow us to run a red light and be hit by a driver from the direction she came. All in all we were all lucky to walk away.



Our van.


The intersection.


Pre ER

Post ER... what the H...?

Peace



My impact was to my right shoulder. Very deep bruise that is getting darker every day.



After we got though at the ER we went to Apple Bee's for a late dinner. Little did we know our cousin Canrad is one of the local featured athletes on the wall. These pictures don't really do it justice but the display was great. Canrad was pentathlete. You may ask what is a pentathlete?

The modern pentathlon is a sports contest that includes five events: pistol shooting, épée fencing, 200 m freestyle swimming, show jumping, and a 3 km cross-country run.

Here is his wall of fame...

No comments: