Thursday, May 21, 2009

Aloha

Today was an amazing day. Dad had a superb day with his speech. It was as if he even hardly skipped a beat.

The day started out early as Tex and I both woke up at 5 am, (9 am Idaho time). We began to stir and went upstairs and chatted with dad and then Sue got home from her work out. We all sat down for some breakfast. I was having Cheerios and banana's, as was Tristan. Dad was having some cereal as well. I was riding Tristan pretty hard because I was worried about him making a mess around the house when all of the sudden dad says "look Tristan", and he dumped cereal and milk on the middle of the table as not to leave Tristan out in the cold. I could not believe my eye's it was, I have to say, the funniest moments I have had with my dad EVER! I laughed hysterically and could not stop!





After breakfast, Tex, Tristan and I walked down to Alii for a power walk and a trip to the Lava Java. For those of you whom have not experience the Lava Java, it is a local coffee house right on the ocean. I have sat there with many of my friends and family but today was extra special because I sat there with my husband, and my son. It was amazing to think how life has come full circle. We enjoyed a breakfast that we shared and a mocha frappe.

After we left the Lava Java, we headed back up the hill to dad & Sue's. It was now the heat of the day and we were eager to hit the pool. Tristan decided it was time to take a nap which allowed me some time to swim and Tex to take a nap.


Once TJ woke up it was time to see if he wanted to get into the pool but he was not to into it so we went inside. I had had enough sun for one day anyway. I began catching up on some blogs that I had been behind on this week. Two of my friends, Sheree & Christy, have been riding me pretty heavy since I have been behind. They love to read the blog and consider themselves "stalkers". Sheree got so bored she began reading other blogs on my page since I had not updated yet. She then got bored with those and decided to start her own.





While I was blogging Sue prepared one of my favorite dishes. Shrimp with zucchini and red peppers! Oh, I love this dish. After dinner we cleaned up and headed down stairs to watch so TV and finish some blogging. All in all, great day in Hawaii!


3 comments:

Sheree said...

Thank you for updating....but since you've been slacking lately I've been blogging away and gaining speed on your.....pretty soon you'll be begging me to update :) Hope you are having fun, we miss you all.

lisa said...

hi sis; i read that about dad and tristan and the cheerio mess and started laughing so hard it has been along week and i need a very good laugh and dad and tristan don't stop okay. love from idaho lisa

Sheree said...

Holy CRAP...I just realized Tex was in the pool. It must of been a HOT day! :)