Sunday, May 24, 2009

A life that has truly come full circle...

It had been almost a year since dads accident and I can't hardly believe how far we have all come! I would expect nothing less than this from my father. Today I went to church with dad. It was a very special day for me because there was one day while we were in Italy and dad was in the coma that I was not sure what was going to happen. It was the day that Sue let me go in while the Priest was there visiting dad. If you recall, when I walked in to the hospital that day there was a man in a white coat talking to dad. I thought it was a Dr. I was wrong. As I walked up it was the Priest saying the Our Father to dad in Italian. This was something that I was not prepared for. Today, while we were in church that memory crossed my mind while I was holding my dads hand saying the Our Father together with him. Needless to say it was pretty emotional, it was something I will never forget and I will always cherish!



No comments: