Friday, August 15, 2008

Bye Garrett...








Well, it was almost one year to the day that Tex and I left to pick up Garrett. As most of you know it has been hit and miss with most of his kids. We seem to get them whenever they are in trouble, this was in fact the case again.

Garrett move in with us briefly when he was in 4th grade. He started school here and was with us for two month when he got in trouble and decided he wanted to move back in with his mom. Most of you know that that broke my heart.

Last year Garrett decided he wanted to move in with us. I was happy because I know what Garrett is capable of! Garrett had not passed a
class in 8 years. We tried to hold him back last year but the school district would not allow it. Garrett started school at Centennial and was off and running. Garrett did great the first semester, he only did not pass one class. The second semester was even better. Garrett passed all his classes. I was so proud!

Garrett went home to see his mom for the summer and decided that he wanted to move back to Washington. Once again I am left heart broken. I love these kids like they are my own and I have no control over the situation. I am so angry because I know that he would do so much better here! I miss him already and he just left!

This picture says it all.

2 comments:

ang :o) said...

I'm so sorry! this blows.

ang :o) said...

I can hardly stop crying..hope no one comes into the office before i do stop....the empty closet says it all.. my heart is so broken i can only imagine yours...i love you all so much...MOM