Thursday, August 21, 2008

A trip down memory lane...



While I was in the Bay Area, Patti and I decided to take a trip down memory lane.
20318 Mejevich Dr, Saratoga, Ca. This is the house I came home from the hospital in. I lived here until I was about 8. The house was being remodeled and we got to walk through it. What a Treat!









Patti reliving climbing out her window. Imagine the bed with dad in it and Patti trying to climb back in! I could only imagine her surprise!





I have a couple memories from Saratoga that are not the greatest but it is amazing how walking through the house triggered those memories. My two major memories are 1) hearing mom and dad were separating while sitting at a giant "spool" table in the back yard, and 2) watching dad leave in the Firebird. I don't think this has scared me, in fact it has helped make me who I am. As I walked into the kitchen and looked out the window toward the garage I began to cry, hard. I then told Patti why I was crying and she cried too. Imagine that? lol... The contractors looked at us and said "are you ok?' We said we were fine and moved to another room. It was hilarious!

We then walked across the street to see Mrs. Rodriguez. Boy was she surprised! She took us inside to see her husband. We then headed towards the school. Sorry I cut you off Patti!



Argonaut Elementary School I went to school here:)




We then drove up to Gerrod Farms were Patti and Lisa used to ride horses!









We had season tickets to the San Jose Earthquake soccer games, we would stop at this deli and get a sandwich before the games. We could not resist!



The trip would not be complete without stopping by our church. We could not get inside but it was nice to visit.




On our way back to the apartments we saw dad out for a walk with his physical therapist.



2 comments:

lisa said...

hi lynn; you spelled Garrod stables wrong these is the way it is you put an e instead of a a. and wow i cann't believe that was our old house. thanks for the memories. love always Lisa

Barb Welter said...

I can"t stop sobbing the pictures made the memories come flooding back both good and bad but mostly good and happy...thanks for the memories...MOM