Friday, August 29, 2008

Happy Anniversary


Well, today we celebrated 21 years of marriage. Wow! Two months ago as I was waiting outside the ICU in Genoa I wondered if I would ever celebrate our anniversary together again. We have come along way since the end of June and each day brings more surprises. I am grateful for each day and moment we have together and little things like a picnic in the park make me happy.
Len is progressing well and next week we begin outpatient therapy and Santa Clara Medical Center. He even ask me out to dinner tonight and we went across the street for dinner. Two weeks ago he didn't want to go anywhere. His speech is clearer now and we continue to practice every day at Len's insistence. He is such a task master. I can see glimpses of what he must have been like in school. Pushing himself all the time. Today he announced he was ready to go back to the office. He said there just wasn't enough for him to do around the apartment. We'll see.
Thank you for all the cards and good wishes.
Love and Aloha,
Sue and Len

At Shorline Park in Mt. View, August 29, 2008


Our first dinner out

2 comments:

lisa said...

Hi DAD&Sue; wow dad is such an amazing man and i am so happy that he is turning into his old self slowly. tell dad to take it easy and he not to think of work right now. like he can get it out of his mind. little work ahallic. keep up the great work love and miss you alot lisa

Lynnette said...

e guys, Glad you had a great anniversary! I am so happy for you both! Not only is dad amazing but Sue you are amazing too. I love you both!

Lynnette