Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve

Well, today has been a wonderful day, very busy but wonderful. I headed off to work with Tristan to allow Tex some time to finish up his Christmas things and also to get to work a bit earlier. I was able to get everything I needed to done at work and Tex and I were having a meeting at noon. After our meeting, (which went quit well), I headed to Lisa's to pick up Tristan. We were going to spend the afternoon at mom's and have Christmas with her a day early.



Once we got all unloaded at mom's we ordered Chinese food. This is going to become a new tradition. Boy was it nice not to have to cook! After we finished eating we began to open gifts. Tex and I opened ours there so we did not have to pack them up to Tamarack. Mom got me the new Randy Owen Cd, & Book. Tex got me 2 beautiful watches, one for work and one is more dressy. He put them in a beautiful pine box he found at the Christmas show in Boise, (that is pretty sweet considering we were fighting that day:), He also got me a pair of boxers and pants to sleep in because mine are shot!

I got Tex a full length robe with a hood, a hammer, & a Nickleback CD.



Garrett got a tool set, and more to come at Tamarack.

Tristan, of course, made out like a bandit! He got two different leap frog toys (one from mom, and one from Auntie Lisa, a cool wood block "maze" from Carrie, Colin, Steve, & Gail, an outfit from grandma, and a cookie monster from Grandma that scared him to death! It was hilarious!





After we helped mom clean up it was off for Tamarack. The rest of the family was already up there but Lisa, Tristan and I set out first. Tex, Garrett, and Eric would follow behind by about an hour. The roads were horrendous! The storm hit just as we were leaving and I gave Lisa a lesson in busting drifts. The freeway was OK, but the road into Tamarack had not been plowed yet.



We stopped at the house to unload the car, and then Patti, Tristan and I went to the townhouse. I got Tristan all ready for bed and then Patti went to bed. I of course was waiting for Tex. I was starting to worry when I finally got a hold of Garrett. They were stuck on West Mountain Road., just outside the resort. Some people tried to help them get out and they could not do it so security was sent out for them. Well, once they finally got out they made it all the way into the turn at Goldenbar when they got stuck again. Eric walked up to the security station but there was no one there, so I called security and now we are waiting for them.

You may think that I was all cozy in the townhouse while I was waiting, no! Patti told me we had to dig out to the hot tub if we wanted to use it so I spent 3 hours working my way to the tub. I did not quite get there when I had to come into the house to call security for Tex. I was soaked so I chose not to go out and finish. I decided I would blog instead, it's a good thing because this is a damn long one! Angee will be proud! It is now 1 am, and no husband yet so I better call and see what is going on...


Here comes the plow ahead of Tex


here they come!


It was snowing hard!


Shoveling the driveway.


Is Tex happy?



Oh and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

2 comments:

Barb Welter said...

It was a great Christmas Eve..we even got 4 inches of snow in Boise....Hope the trip home is less eventful....Merry Christmas to all BARB

ang :o) said...

I am proud! Glad you had a good day. The photos of Tristan with the Wish sign are cute.