Saturday, December 20, 2008

Margaret Welter 12/9/1917 - 12/19/2008

The Farm


3 generations of Welters



The last time I saw my Grandmother was in September of 2002. I had tagged along with Dad & Sue for a much needed visit. I have always hated that our family is so spread apart. We were able to spend some good quality time on the farm. I was able to see my Uncle Glen and my Uncle Gary. You can't tell they are brothers can you? : )

I will always remember my Grandma at the farm! i am so thankful for that! I will remember her in the kitchen making us meals, picking tomatoes from the garden and slicing them for lunch, and my favorite, the homemade salad dressing that I never seem to be able to reproduce.





It was really important for me to go to the cemetery. I wanted to see were Grandpa was buried. I never really get to see that since we are spread so far apart. Dad took me by all of our relatives in the cemetery. It was so beautiful.



Tex, Tristan and I were going to go back to Minnesota this summer with Dad and Sue, then Dad had the accident and of course a few things changed. I wanted Tex and Tristan to meet Grandma so bad. She was such a wonderful woman. I wanted them to get to see the farm, and spend some time with Grandma. I am so sorry we did not make it. When Grandma took a turn for the worse, Tex asked me if I wanted to go back, I told him that I couldn't because this was how I wanted to remember Grandma, it's a bit selfish but I know Grandma will always be with us, she will be watching over all of us now.

I love you Grandma!

No comments: