Friday, December 12, 2008

SHHHHH, don't tell Suzette!


So this is kind of a funny story. I have been in search of a Nativity Scene for years, and I mean years. I have had it pictured in my head. I thought I had seen it somewhere in the past. Little did I know I had.



Years ago Suzette's dad and Larry, (our former ranch manager), used to trap together on the ranch. I did not know Suzette very well at the time but I did know her sisters. I had been to there house on many occasions with Larry. I am sure now that this was were I saw the Nativity Scene that I have been looking for these few years.



Last year I was at Suzette's parents house around Christmas. There I am sitting on there couch when I had my aha moment. There it is, the Nativity Scene I have pictured in my head. The Nativity Scene was given to Suzette's mom by a member of the family. It has since been damaged. Suzette had always wanted that set too. I looked at a piece and found the maker. I actually found two sets on e-bay. One for her and one for me. We had great intentions of getting together to paint them but of course we never got time. Well, I finally made time with some help from my sister. Right after we painted them, we took them to get them fired. They will be done on the 18th. I can not wait to see them!

I hope you love it Suzette!

No comments: