Friday, July 4, 2008

7/2/08 Italy Update

Patti & Lynnette arrived in Italy & were able to spend visiting hours today with Dad & Sue. Patti says dad looks good, even with the offset Mohawk hair cut! Patti says she KNOWS dad recognizes their presence. They (Sue, Patti & Lynnette) will be moving into the 1BR apartment on Friday and Patti & Lynnette will be able to help with some of the logistics that are needed.
Dad still responds well on the left side to the neurology exams with no response on the right. The Doctors continue to say this is not uncommon & the right side recovery will take a while. They said that Dad was trying to open his eyes as they lowered the sedation level to do the neuro exam, yet another good sign! They do not want to keep dad on a ventilator too much longer as risks of pneumonia exist. The plan is to keep him sedated for a couple more days & then very slowly bring him out of the medically induced coma.
That is all I have for now.
I feel like a weight has been taken off me with my sisters in Italy. It's like a part of me is there with my Dad even though I am many thousands of miles away.
Thank you all for the prayers & good thoughts!!
Steve

1 comment:

debsorrill said...

Hello everyone,
I received news about Len from Sue a couple of days ago. I have been following the blog and spending time each day in meditation and prayer for Len's healing and your support.

Thank you for this blog. It is a great help to know how things are progressing. The last two days are very positive.

My love to your whole family. Deb Sorrill