Friday, July 18, 2008

The Trail to the Ospedale


I was thinking as I was walking to the hospital today how many miles we had walked since we have been in Genoa. Everyday, twice a day, we head out up the little hill to the Piazza De Ferrari and then down Via XX Septembre and up the incline to the hospital. We sort of do it in a trance these days as we are both thinking about other things and anxious to get to Len's room to see how he is doing. There have been a few times when I was jogging in the morning and instead of heading along the street that runs beside the hosiptal I will just jog right in the front door and then realize what I have done.
I looked at my sandals the other day and realized that the soles of my Rockports had worn right through. I just had to laugh.
I'm sure Lenny woudn't be laughing if I decided to buy a nice pair of Italian shoes to replace my sandals.
Well, speaking of Len, he continues to slowly improve everyday. We are even more anxious now to get home back to CA and into Rehab. I played all the jokes to him today Carrie and Colin, and he love your song Colin. You have such good pitch. He was happy to hear from Lynnette and enjoyed more of our Spring Concert. He has begun to prop his leg up on the end of the bed to get a stretch in his legs which looks pretty strange from the corridor if you happen to be walking by.
Will see him again this evening.
Love and Aloha,
Sue and Patti

No comments: