Tuesday, July 8, 2008

See you soon daddy...

Just thought I would tell you all I just saw dad for the last time before I return to Idaho. It was very, very hard. It was so hard to hear about dad at first, then to leave my family, and now to leave dad. I know he will rehab well it will just take some time. It was sad not knowing how soon I will see him again. I know he is in good hands with the doctors, Sue and Patti. It will just be hard not to see the improvement every day. Everyday that is what I look forward to.

Dad had another day of improvement, he is moving his left hand regularly and tracking us with his left eye. I know he know we are there and we talk to him the entire time. Today Patti did the talking because I was too busy crying. Dad kept moving his hand almost like to hold ours. It was so comforting. It will be a long flight home by myself. I can't wait to see my husband and my kids!

Thanks for all your support. Patti and Sue are going to continue to blog from Italy so don't stop checking in.

Love Lynnette

4 comments:

Donnaste said...

Patti,

My passport has expired, but I'll come if you need me to. Do you need me to?

I'm always here for you,
Donna

lisa said...

don't worry i won't stop checking in on the blog. have a safe trip home cann't wait tyo see you and give you a great big hug as i missed you so much. love lisa w.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear he is improving so much. Have a safe journey home.

debsorrill said...

Lynette,

Thank you so much for continuing the updates.
It is comforting to check in and hear from you and see where you all are.

Have a safe trip home. Your family is never far from my thoughts during the day. I hold you all in my heart. regards, deb