Saturday, July 5, 2008

Italy Update 930 Ca Time

Sue just called & they said they had a VERY good day & were going out to celebrate! I am not sure if they took dad completely off sedation or lowered it (I sent a text to Sue to confirm), but it is at least lowered to the point that they did not want the girls to touch Dad & potentially stimulate him. He is still intubated, but is breathing 20% on his own. Maybe you nurses out there can educate me, I didn't think you could be intubated & off sedation..... The Dr said he needs to cough on his own to be able to remove the intubation. They said if he does not, they will consider a tracheotomy (which didn't seem to bother the girls in Italy, so I wont let it bother me). Dad's ICP readings today were in the 7,8,9 range where as yesterday & prior they were in the 14,15 range. This must be a sign of continued absorption on the blood. The Dr said they may be able to remove the ICP monitor in the next couple of days. His BP is in the range of 137/40 to 150/40.
The girls are very encourages and are off to celebrate & said we should do the same.
Steve

No comments: