Monday, July 21, 2008

Daddy's Coming Home! 7/21/08 - Final Boarding Call



Dad & Sue's ride.... I think Sue's seat is under the "N" or maybe a little forward :-),
Dad gets the lounge seat (AKA bed)




Dad & Sue should arrive in San Jose ~ 1030PM local time Wed night! Dad has been accepted at Santa Clara Valley Med Center Rehab Facility & will go there after his flight. I was a little caught off guard today while talking with Sue. I asked what she was doing & she said the was sitting with my dad.... I said, can I talk to him. She put the phone to his ear.... & I got to talk to my Dad, first time he didn't have anything to say, but he got a big smile on his face!

Almost home!

Can't wait

S


2 comments:

ang :o) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynnette said...

Steve,

None of us will ever really know how this affected the other. I can only imagine your thoughts and feelings during this time as we all think about the others in the family while praying for dad. In this e-mail you wrote I laughed and cried. I laughed because you got to do all the talking and I cried because I could feel the relief that is in your expression that he is coming home. I could actually see you while you were on the phone with dad. I could also see the smile on dad's face as you spoke. You really stepped up here for the business and as a big brother. I could not be a prouder baby sister!