Wednesday, July 2, 2008

We saw daddy : )

Today was a good day! I was so scared to go see dad, but I was excited at the same time! As the hours ticked to minutes I could feel the excitement, nervousness, and anxiousness beginning to build. We finally headed up to the hospital about twenty to five. Visiting hours are from 5 pm to 730pm daily. As we walked to the hospital I took a few pictures so that all of you could get a visual of some of our surroundings. We are staying at a hotel called Bel Soggiorno. It is just down the hill from the hospital. No pictures are allowed of dad in ICU but you can bet as soon as he is out I will get you some. Dad is only allowed to have two visitors at a time and Patti and I decided to “rock/sham bow” to see who went in with Sue. We did it three times and tied each time. Sue said, “that means you should go in together”. Sue showed us how to scrub for the sterile environment. I could now feel my heart pounding. As we entered the room we past 3-4 other critical patients before getting to dad. I could hardly recognize him because his head looks so large since it was shaved. Sue prepared us for his physical state, monitors, tubes, etc. Patti was so strong, I began to tear a bit and Patti helped me breath through my fears. We then spent an hour talking to dad and telling him all kinds of stories. We told him about all the people that are praying for him and the family members whom are not here but wished they could be. While we were talking to dad he took a very deep breath as if to say, “I’m right here”. I know dad new we were there and I can’t wait to see him tomorrow. I am so happy that I came. I feel so relieved that I am here to help comfort him and to support Sue.

Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts.

PS Tex tells me that Tristan is now crawling all over, so I will tell grandpa that tomorrow. It is amazing what can happen in one day!

7 comments:

Barb Welter said...

Glad you made it safe. Love, Mom and Lisa

Flyboysmb said...

Lynnetee, I am sitting here (crying again, although I don't know why) reading your message.....
I don't know what to say, but I am glad you are there!

Love you
S

lisa said...

HI Lynn&Patti; i am glad you got there safe and sound. i got to baby sit tristan monday evening that help alot. love you give dad and sue a kiss and hugs form me okay love always lisa

Kimberly Arkens said...

Patty and Lynnette ~
So happy you made it to Italy safely and got to see your dad and are there for Aunt Susan! Give Auntie a hug from me. Lots of prayers are being said for your dad. With God, all things are possible, and we are expecting miracles and a fast recovery for him.
Love from Oregon,
Kimberly & family

D & C Martin said...

Dear Sue, We just heard about Len from Tonnie via Sierra, and you are all in our prayers. We moved here to Oregon in Dec and Sandy & Jim Cardin just moved here July 1, so we have a big Oregon group to pray for Len. Thanks to Patti & Lynn for the blog where we can check. For Patti: I still remember you from the chorus trip in 1998 when you offered me unexpected kindness. May God comfort all of you now. Aloha, Dorothy & Chuck

Donnaste said...

Patti and family,

You are loved and in my thoughts. Patti, I'm so grateful that on your journey you have learned how to be gracious and beautiful no matter what.

Namaste,
Donna

Katherine said...

Dear Sue, family near and far....
The Lord will guide u all through this, for u are all courageous in his eyes.
I was fortunate enough to have met Len ~30 years ago I think I was ~26. I have admired Len for many years, he has thought me how to believe in myself and how to have the strength to go on. The other thing I have learned about Len is "What Len Say's Goes" the good Lord knows this about Len and will stand along side him, whisper softly in his ear ever day until we all have Len back with us.
God Bless you all...We will all pray out loud here in New York, for never give up your Faith.
Love You All
Bob, Katie and Mary